Some other news Generic news about our IRC channel! We used to be on irc.freenode.net in channel #netlabs, but as freenode got kind of hijacked by a new owner the original team behind freenode started a new IRC infrastructure under the name libera.chat (https://libera.chat). It is as easy as replacing irc.freenode.net with irc.libera.chat and you should be back in business on the new environment. Channel is still #netlabs and the commands are the same. We are still working on the operator stuff, but at least we stay free :-)
WarpStockEurope 2021 WarpStockEurope was again a great event on June 5th 2021 with good updates. If you have missed it, you can watch back the YouTube recording here (6,5 hours): https://www.youtube.com/c/WarpstockEuropeconference
7. June - 13. June
- bww bitwise works Gmbh
31. May - 6. June
- bww bitwise works Gmbh
- Work done on Mozilla, Qt5 and RPMBuild. Please keep on sponsoring to have the development continue! Thanks!
- See: https://github.com/bitwiseworks
- Dynamic Windows Library
- Two updates made
- See: http://trac.netlabs.org/dwindows/timeline
- Some changes made and a fix applied
- See: http://trac.netlabs.org/nepmd/timeline
- Russian added
- See: http://trac.netlabs.org/newview/timeline
- Qt Applications for OS/2 and OS/2-based systems
- Wiki updated
- See: http://trac.netlabs.org/qtapps/timeline
- RPM and YUM
- Couple of things updated and a ticket raised
- See: http://trac.netlabs.org/rpm/timeline
- Update made and a new version tagged
- See: http://trac.netlabs.org/usb/timeline
- VX Applications
- Russian added
- See: http://trac.netlabs.org/vxapps/timeline
- Fix applied and change made
- See: http://trac.netlabs.org/warpin/timeline
Guidelines for mail gathering and bi-weekly processing
This is intended to be a procedure on how to create the bi-weekly newsletter, so that multiple people are able to do it, in case others are away.
The news is gathered on a weekly basis. Sources for news are various. We know the following:
- #netlabs channel, just connect and see what comes by
- various SVN timelines for the projects that are already in SVN (needs to be listed explicitly?)
- Checkout https://github.com/bitwiseworks/mozilla-os2/commits/master for Mozilla as well and https://github.com/bitwiseworks/eclipse.platform.swt/commits/master-os2 for SWT
There is a mail id on netlabs for mailing out the newsletter to various contacts. The mail id is: news at netlabs dot org It uses the following IMAP mailserver: mail dot netlabs dot org
For the start of a new newsletter a copy from the previous one can be made and then copy the new news into it, to make life easy :-) (you can also use the template with empty descriptions).
The easiest way to get the text is grabbing it from the webpage in normal view mode. Check the text a second time, and align it a bit. Address it with BCC to the following addresses:
- martin at os2world dot com
- stevew at jafar dot hartnell dot edu
- submit at os2voice dot org
- webmaster at ecomstation dot com
- webredactie at os2-gg dot nl
- ktk at netlabs dot org
- MacOSJan at xs4all dot nl
- os2info at gmx dot net
- Michael at oehlhof dot de
Don't forget the subject line with the next number and of it goes.
After the newsletter is sent the 'Netlabs bi-weekly newsletter' webpage has to be updated. (http://wiki.netlabs.org/index.php/Netlabs_bi_weekly_newsletter4). Just copy the news on top of the others and add a heading.
Then the draft version of the bi-weekly page can be emptied and the heading for the next week can be added.
That is basicly the process of the bi-weekly newsletter.
Besides the above, a weekly version is published on the new BLOG site (http://blog.netlabs.org/). All what has to be done is create a new entry, type in 'News:' with the period behind it. Grab the content from this newsletter page in presentation mode and past it in the body of the new entry. Check the 'netlabs.org news' option, on the right, and press Publish.