18. March - 24. March
- bww bitwise works GmbH
11. March - 17. March
- bww bitwise works GmbH
- Some work done on sqlite and tcl as well as some Qt v5 again! Let the sponsoring flow.
- New ticket created for a rebuild
- See: http://trac.netlabs.org/4os2/timeline
- Two tickets created and one reopened
- See: http://trac.netlabs.org/lucide/timeline
- Another bunch of additions and fixes
- See: http://trac.netlabs.org/nepmd/timeline
- A few new tickets created, some changes applied and a new version tagged
- See: http://trac.netlabs.org/newview/timeline
- RPM and YUM
- New ticket raised
- See: http://trac.netlabs.org/rpm/timeline
- Unix Ports and more
- Ticket created and the wiki updated
- See: http://trac.netlabs.org/ports/timeline
- New branch created and a wiki update made
- See: http://trac.netlabs.org/usb/timeline
- Fix applied and ToDo updated
- See: http://trac.netlabs.org/xwlan/timeline
Guidelines for mail gathering and bi-weekly processing
This is intended to be a procedure on how to create the bi-weekly newsletter, so that multiple people are able to do it, in case others are away.
The news is gathered on a weekly basis. Sources for news are various. We know the following:
- #netlabs channel, just connect and see what comes by
- various SVN timelines for the projects that are already in SVN (needs to be listed explicitly?)
- Checkout https://github.com/bitwiseworks/mozilla-os2/commits/master for Mozilla as well and https://github.com/bitwiseworks/eclipse.platform.swt/commits/master-os2 for SWT
There is a mail id on netlabs for mailing out the newsletter to various contacts. The mail id is: news at netlabs dot org It uses the following IMAP mailserver: mail dot netlabs dot org
For the start of a new newsletter a copy from the previous one can be made and then copy the new news into it, to make life easy :-) (you can also use the template with empty descriptions).
The easiest way to get the text is grabbing it from the webpage in normal view mode. Check the text a second time, and align it a bit. Address it with BCC to the following addresses:
- martin at os2world dot com
- stevew at jafar dot hartnell dot edu
- submit at os2voice dot org
- webmaster at ecomstation dot com
- webredactie at os2-gg dot nl
- ktk at netlabs dot org
- MacOSJan at xs4all dot nl
- os2info at gmx dot net
- Michael at oehlhof dot de
Don't forget the subject line with the next number and of it goes.
After the newsletter is sent the 'Netlabs bi-weekly newsletter' webpage has to be updated. (http://wiki.netlabs.org/index.php/Netlabs_bi_weekly_newsletter4). Just copy the news on top of the others and add a heading.
Then the draft version of the bi-weekly page can be emptied and the heading for the next week can be added.
That is basicly the process of the bi-weekly newsletter.
Besides the above, a weekly version is published on the new BLOG site (http://blog.netlabs.org/). All what has to be done is create a new entry, type in 'News:' with the period behind it. Grab the content from this newsletter page in presentation mode and past it in the body of the new entry. Check the 'netlabs.org news' option, on the right, and press Publish.