Welcome to the Wiki at netlabs.org. You will find a lot of interesting information about OS/2 and eCS on this page.
You can take part in the community as follows
- read the netlabs.org news
- join the community mailinglist
- join the #netlabs IRC channel (currently on irc.libera.chat).
CONTRIBUTE: You can write to this wiki with a netlabs.org user ID, to get that visit http://www.netlabs.org/site/member/
Where are we now and where could we go. Open for discussions.
- Ideas - This is so far a random collection of ideas and stuff we have in our heads and which probably is worth creating a project for.
- Community - Discussions about the netlabs.org community, website, and so on. Complain here :)
- The Warp Wishlist- The OS/2 Warp WishList is now available on wiki format.
- Netlabs bi weekly newsletter4 - New The latest netlabs.org news
- Netlabs News - Even later than above
- Voyager - See some discussion on the new eComStation platform that the developers community currently designs
- Warpstock Europe Websites - Discussion of a concept that aims to provide infrastructure and information to organizers, and information and services to users/visitors.
- UniAudio Development Universal Audio Driver Development Discussion
- WarpVision Development WarpVision media player development discussion
- Fundraising campaign - Projects that could be realized, support your favourite one!
- XWorkplace - XWorkplace Future Plans and Ideas
- Network Connection Manager - Design for follow-up to Wireless LAN Monitor
- DOSBox Port - DOSBox Port for OS/2-eCS Project
- Odin - ODIN Project todo and Ideas
- eSchemes - eComStation WPS-based look & feel system
- Mr2ice - MR/2 ICE is a full featured OS/2 native mail and news client.
- MMOS2 Related Projects - A list of MMO2 Related sofware developments.
- Extensions for WarpIN - A list of suggested exentions to WarpIN
We do have a shop for shirts and more ... shop.netlabs.org! Prices include a small extra to support netlabs.org's future...
New Logo and Redesign
- Redesign - The new logo is choosen and a first and hopefully final draft for the new site layout has been created - check it out ;)
NOTE: This section should not be extended anymore. We reloaded the EDM/2 magazine and we recommend to put all developer stuff in there. This wiki is a mess at the moment and we will clean that up one day and migrate the stuff that makes sense to EDM/2. Thanks!
This section contains hints and tricks and descriptions of undocumented stuff. Undocumented means there's no official documentation or the documentation (for example included on DevCon CDs) isn't available to the public anymore. But DON'T JUST COPY any documentation you may have into the Wiki. Keep in mind it's copyrighted!
- Undocumented stuff
- Mozilla - some stuff regarding building Mozilla on OS/2
- SDL - some tips & tricks about how to port applications using SDL to OS/2
- WPS - how to program for the WPS. Note: the german Wikipedia may have more information about the WPS. Go here.
OS/2 and eCS resources
- Visit http://www.os2warp.be if you want to know if your hardware is supported.
- See a driver list generated from eCSoft/2 database.
For software have a look here:
- http://www.unixos2.org - ported *nix tools. A little bit cumbersome to find stuff there but nevertheless worth the effort
How to use specific programs, HowTos, FAQs etc.
MR/2 ICE mr2ice is a full featured OS/2 native mail and news client.
Quite a few things are different in eComStation compared to OS/2. Find tips and tricks for common (and not so common) tasks.
ToDos & History
This is the list of tasks for netlabs.org Webservers and the history of what I (ktk) did
Some information for those who own a mailbox at netlabs.org
So far it's more or less just me who does all the work on netlabs.org webpages and this somewhat sucks because like this a lot of stuff depends on my lazyness. The following document explains the tasks necessary to create a new project at netlabs.org, including setting up CVS repositories, creating webpages and so on. I hope that I will find some volunteers one day who help me on doing that.